Human beings have benefited from vaccines for more than two centuries — from the first successful vaccine created by Edward Jenner in 1796, which helped eradicate smallpox, to vaccines that protect us from polio, the flu, pneumonia, tetanus, measles, mumps, whooping cough, and chickenpox just to name a few.
In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic has wreaked havoc on the entire world. And there was a rush to create a miracle serum to get us back to a state of normalcy. Now with the COVID-19 vaccine readily available, it has become one of the most controversial topics of 2021.
Join San Diego Tech Hub as we address issues related to how fear, misinformation, social norms, and individual rights might be fueling an unconscious problem we’d like to call Vaccine Bias.
During the meeting we will cover the following topics:
• How society has shaped our perspective of the COVID-19 vaccine.
• Addressing the misinformation dilemma of the COVID-19 vaccine
• What determines our adverse threshold for contagious diseases?
• Workplace pressures to discuss your vaccine beliefs
• Should people be forced to take the vaccine?
• Is vaccine bias a real thing? Are we at risk of creating a divided country?
This event will be both interactive and educational as we take an objective look at how the COVID-19 vaccine has influenced our sociality and explore if the concept of Vaccine Bias is real.
*** Speaker Info***
CEO at ion Learning | Forbes Contributor | TEDx Speaker
Chief Warrior / Managing partner, Backstrom Labor Law
Pain Management Nurse Practitioner, Bay Area Pain and Spine Institute